how nail drops work

Practice yous hate to wait for nail polishes to dry?

I So do. That's why I almost only use Mavala blast polishes these days. I paint them on, and a couple of minutes afterward, I tin get on with my life.

But almost blast polishes can take 5 to x minutes, if not more to dry. That may seem a very brusque time, but trust me, it's PLENTY of time for me to completely ruin my manicure. That'south why I dear quick dry drops.

Admittedly, my start foray into quick dry drops was a disaster. The drops were too liquidy and I was too clumsy, and so my unabridged hands were completely soaked in the matter.

But, I'thousand starting to go the hang of it now, and really appreciate how useful they are. And then, how do they work?

How quick dry out drops work

Nail polishes contain solvents that need to be drawn out, if you want them to dry quickly. The well-nigh common ones are butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, and isopropyl alcohol. These are all fatty molecules that don't like h2o. So, how do y'all deliquesce them?

By using the "like dissolves like" principle. Or, in obviously English language, with a fatty susbstance that doesn't like water, too. Ordinarily, that means silicones. Silicones are fat, and are able to describe out the solvents to the surface of the blast smooth, so they can everaporate faster. The faster they're drawn out, the quicker the nail polish dries.

Pretty absurd, huh? But, at that place'south a little problems. Silicones are great at drawing out solvents from the last layers of nail polish, only are often non able to reach those at the very bottom.

Then, if you similar to use the standard 3 layers of blast polish (in which case, I commend yous, because anything more 1 layer is wayyyy too much piece of work for me), it may still accept a few minutes for your manicure to dry completely. But, it'll dry out a lot faster than it would on its own, so it's all the same worth using them.

The Bottom Line

Who said that silicones are bad? When it comes to nail polishes, nothing makes them dry out faster.

Do yous apply quick dry drops? Share your thoughts in the comments beneath.